Ray's the Steaks

R: If you like steak, this is a must-go spot. I now associate steak solely with Ray’s the Steak.
M: So I’m a meatetarian and have had steak at a lot of different places. But this is by far the best steak I’ve had of all of them. I expected it to be better than the usual stuff like Outback Steakhouse but I still figured places like Ruth’s Chris and Morton’s would be better.
R: But let me just forewarn those college student readers of ours, that this place is a bit pricey, but that is expected for a good steak place. Be prepared to spend around  $80 on a simple two person dinner meal ( no drinks included). I ordered a peppercorn-crusted NY Strip topped with blue cheese and a creamy sauce. This was the house special. I’d highly recommend it, but the peppercorn was a bit overpowering at times.
M: So all the other places make a great steak, don’t get me wrong. The difference here is that Ray’s uses different sauces and garnishes with the steak. My rib-eye (which literally melted in my mouth) was smothered in a brandy mushroom cream sauce. I never realized how much better a steak becomes paired with the right sauce. The closest thing I’ve ever had was a steak that was marinated in Jack Daniels sauce but that was nowhere close to this.
R: It is the perfect place for a romantic dinner, special occasion dinner, or a place to take your girlfriend to show your appreciation for all that they do for you :)
M: So yeah, we went here because I messed up and wanted to make it up to her by treating her to a nice dinner. But honestly, I think I treated myself instead.
R: And if this is what I get when you mess up, feel free to mess up more often haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment