DC Marina Fish Market

R: So one of our friends told us about this spot by the DC Marina where he had taken his girlfriend where you can sit on the pier and watch the sunset with a bottle of wine and some fresh seafood right there on the water. He told us it was a great view and great experience so we decided to check it out for ourselves.
M: I used to come here once in a while with my family to buy different kinds of fish. Good products, bad smell, but that’s normal. 
R: So we went one day, but couldn’t find the exact spot he was talking about, but I’m sure its pretty cool, so if you go keep an eye out for it. Instead we just went and got some food.
M: I love oysters. Raha doesn’t. I noticed that they had fresh, raw oysters that you could buy and eat on the spot. The guy there shucks it and puts it on a plate for you. They had lemon and cheap hot sauce to go with it too.
R: This was my first oyster experience and let’s just say, I literally felt like i slurped a shell full of the Potomac River mixed with something squishy and chewy, called an oyster. I don’t understand why this is a delicacy, but apparently it is. Also, aren’t oysters an aphrodisiac? Didn’t turn me on.. haha. Anyhow, I’m always up for trying new things.
M: I gotta agree that these were a little bit different than what I was used to in restaurants. It was more ocean-y and I definitely got sand or whatever on my hand from the shell. Definitely fresh.
But for those who aren’t as adventurous, they have other kinds of seafood, such as shrimp, crabs, and even hot clam chowder.

No comments:

Post a Comment