Rock It Grill

M: There’s been plenty of nights where we don’t want to go out to DC and make a big effort but also don’t want to stay in and just watch a movie. Fortunately, I’ve been to this place and figured it to be something we can always fall back on. No need to get all dressed up, just be casual and head on down to Old Town Alexandria.
R: So as he was saying Rock It Grill is located in Alexandria and is a karaoke bar. At first I wasn’t too excited about the idea, but let me just say after going, if you are one of the many young people in the noVA area tired of grimey DC clubs, or too tired of the same old college crowd at bars in Clarendon, this is definitely a refreshing change. I wore jeans and a old navy tank top and I fit in just fine. People were there not to impress, but to let loose and have a fun time.
M: Yeah so this isn’t the kind of place to go pick up hot chicks or guys. There’s usually decent looking guys I’d say, but every time I’ve been I think I’ve only seen two girls that I would actually hit on (if I was single). At first I thought this was a low-quality trashy bar, but after going back a few times I realized that the people who come here just want to have fun and not worry about looking like douches.
R: No matter if they’re bad or good, its a win - win situation watching people on stage sing. You’re either laughing your butt off at them, or you’re enjoying their surprisingly good singing skills. Also, if you’re the adventurous type, you yourself may want to sign up for the stage. Overall go with a group of friends, drink some beers, and make one of them sing so you can all laugh and take pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment