El Chalan

M: I heard about this place through my brother-in-law. He’s been coming here for over ten years. It’s his favorite Peruvian restaurant and after going here twice I can see why.
R: So when most people think of Peruvian food, they think of Peruvian chicken that you can get at Super Pollo and what not. It was a nice change to go to a sit down restaurant and be able to order traditional Peruvian dishes other than charbroiled chicken.
M: Super Pollo chicken is the bomb diggity but I agree. I’ve gotten the Llomo Saltado and Seafood Paella here, both of which are very flavorful and popular. With every meal, you need to make sure you order a Pisco Sour. I’ve ordered this drink at many different places and it’s one of my favorites. Nice lemon-y taste and topped off with frothy egg whites and sugar. May sound disgusting but it’s kind of like a drink with a top off of meringue. Pretty delicious. 
R: Be warned, there’s raw egg whites in the drink, so if that’s a problem for you like it was for one of our friends, don’t get it. For newcomers, I think a really safe and yummy choice is definitely the lomo saltado, once you’ve tried different things or feel more adventurous you can go for things like the seafood paella.
M: This place is only a few blocks from my office, so if you ever want to go, give me a call and treat me to dinner :)

http://www.elchalandc.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment