Roti

M: I am glad I found this place near my office. It’s a fast casual place like Chipotle but with a Mediterranean menu. It came from Chicago and this was the only location in DC for a while, but now there are two more locations (and two currently being built to open within the next few months).
R: Mo had been raving about this place. He had gone with his coworkers and was dying to take me. I came up from school one weekend last year, which means I took a two and half hour train, took metro couple stations over, and walked about 10 minutes all to have some Roti, oops I mean see Mo, and it was worth it.
M: So the environment is very similar but instead of adding guacamole, you add hummus and baba ganoush. You can get sandwiches (like burritos) or just a rice dish (like burrito bowls). By the way If you get here past 11:50 during lunchtime, you can expect the line to be out the door.
R: Best part is, it’s all really healthy. All the ingredients are super fresh and delicious. Feta, Black olives, taboulleh, tahini, hummus, cous cous, spinach, etc.
M: The only downside to Roti is that they’re only open weekdays until 5 pm. If there was one in Northern VA, it would probably make a ton of money on the weekends. Anyone want to start a new partnership?

No comments:

Post a Comment