Tryst Coffeehouse-Bar-Lounge

R: I think the concept that Tryst has got going on is really unique. It’s a coffee shop, bar, good brunch spot, all in one. It's a little bit of everything all wrapped up into one package. You may see people with laptops discussing a business deal, or a group of friends getting a few drinks and a bite before they head out. 
M:  Yeah, this place is nice for any time of the week. Go out for drinks on a weekend, grab some coffee on a weekday, or the other way around. The atmosphere is very relaxing. There are all different kinds of couches and tables set up for different areas and groups. It somehow feels like you’re hanging out at home with friends but then you look outside and you see the busy chaotic streets of Adams Morgan.
R: I’m a big coffee fan, so I think this place may be one of my new favorites. Sometimes on a Friday or Saturday night I want to go out, but may not feel like drinking. At Tryst, I can go out with my friends, they can all do their thing, and if I’m in the mood for a cappuccino instead of a glass of wine, I still have that option. Also speaking of coffee, I used to work at Starbucks and one of the main goals that Starbucks strives to achieve is to become the "third place." For those who are not familiar with this term, "third place" refers to the social setting you frequent most, other than your home, or work. It is also the home of community life, creativity, and interaction . I think Tryst has found the secret to this concept and masters it. 
M: Tryst has also mastered their music, since I'm a big fan of EDM (electronic/ dance music). I'm not saying it's clubby with thump thump music but it has the right tune to get you ready for the night.  I don’t have anything against the usual coffee shop music, it’s just not my cup of tea (no pun intended). So get a small group together and have some shots. Of espresso. Or tequila. Or whatever you prefer.

http://www.trystdc.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment