Eden Center


M: So Eden Center is an area like China Town, it’s basically Little Saigon/ Viet Town. Instead of being blocks and streets in an urban area, it’s located by Seven Corners in a little shopping center complete with the cultural arches and Vietnamese characters (Along with English ones) for store names.  The rows for parking lanes even have Vietnamese “street names”.
R: One of the first times I went to Eden Center was to try bubble tea at Song Que. My all-time favorite flavor is and always will be the coffee bubble tea. Other flavors that are good are pineapple, coconut, taro, etc.
M: At first I didn’t like bubble tea cause the tapioca bubbles felt weird. I like it now but even though I see the bubbles come up the straw, it still surprises me and feels weird. I’d say coffee is a safe choice, but mango and thai tea bubble tea aren’t bad either. Song Que is also known for their Banh Mi sandwiches (which we saw on Anthony Bourdain’s No Reservations). It’s a really simple and cheap sandwich. I’ve had it at another place in Eden Center and it was good there too.
R: There are two other pretty good places we’ve tried right next door. One of which is a hole in the wall pho place,  Pho Xelua, that probably has the best pho I’ve ever had. We even went to go one night and a lady walked passed the door and said “they’re closing, too bad though, it’s the best place around!”  
M: I agree. That was actually the best pho I’ve had out of around 7 places. You wouldn’t suspect much of a difference between different places, but I could tell a different in quality and taste.   
R: That same night Pho Xelua was closed, we went to Viet Royale. Viet Royale is much more sit-down and fancy then the rest of the places in Eden.

M: We had a few friends of ours with us that night who never had tried pho before. I usually like getting it with all the different cuts of beef in it (including cartilage pieces). I recommended it to one of them and they were pretty much disgusted by it; they probably are never going to have pho again. So for first timers, I would recommend just chicken or regular cuts of beef.
R: Friends have recommended some other places in the shopping center to get a bite, I may wait to try those until I have some of them go with me. A lot of these places have their menu’s in Vietnamese, etc, so its really hard to know what to order unless someone has given you a suggestion.

1 comment:

  1. awww raha its one of our fav hangout spots!!

    and the taro one here is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete